Hydrogen Hub Act Issues
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hydrogen Hub bill discussion draft of 11-12-21 – Tom Solomon’s comments
Overall, this is a fossil blue hydrogen bill.
- It defines ‘clean hydrogen’ to allow huge emissions of CO2.
- It explicitly allows Enhanced Oil Recovery in Section 5.b, which is not a climate solution.
- It relies on the false premise that hydrogen is a low emissions fuel which it is not.
- It supplies major tax subsidies to blue hydrogen production, which end up being fossil fuel subsidies.
- It prevents green hydrogen produced from fresh water (but may allow green hydrogen produced from brackish water, if that is feasible.)