Founded in 2014, Project Drawdown® is a nonprofit organization that seeks to help the world reach “Drawdown”— the future point in time when levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere stop climbing and start to steadily decline.
Since the 2017 publication of the New York Times bestseller, Drawdown, the organization has emerged as a leading resource for information and insight about climate solutions. We continue to develop that resource by conducting rigorous review and assessment of climate solutions, creating compelling and human communication across mediums, and partnering with efforts to accelerate climate solutions globally.
- “The 100 most substantive solutions to reverse global warming, based on meticulous research by leading scientists and policymakers around the world“
Paul Hawken and the several hundred scientists and activists developed Project Drawdown meant to reverse global warming, using existing technologies that in a many cases will cost less than it will save.
- "Drawdown 2020"
- "Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming" – ed Paul Hawken – Penguin Books – Apr 2017.
The Role of Investments
But how we manage investments has an effect too, see:
- "Did Project Drawdown miss a crucial climate solution?" – GreenBiz, Sasja Beslik – March 2018
The Need for Land Management
Land Management issues are also important, see:
- "This Land is Our Land: The Struggle for a New Commonwealth" - Jedediah Purdue - Princeton University Press – Sept 2019
The Project Drawdown Quiz
CNN included a simple quiz on what you might know about Project Drawdown in:
- "The most effective ways to curb climate change might surprise you" - CNN - April 19, 2019